Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Keeping my promise...

Last blog I swore I would not let the entire month go by with only one post to December's name. Being that it is December 30, I better get to it. But what to write about...?


Since tomorrow is NYE I guess I could write about New Year's resolutions. BUT I never make those. I never really saw the point. If I truly wanted to do something (lose weight, read everyday, run everyday, etc...) I would just do it. Once I put my mind to something there is really no stopping me, whether it is January 1, May 1, or August 1. If I am going to do it, I will do it. I think it is unrealistic how some people set these unattainable goals when knowing, their never going to achieve them. I say if you do make a new years resolution, keep it simple.

So I can't really talk about resolutions I want to accomplish. I guess talking about simple things in general I would like to happen see in 2010 is close enough?

*side note* What is the correct way to say the upcoming year? Is it "twenty-ten" or is it two thousand and ten?" Theoretically they are both correct, but is one better than the other? I am leaning towards "twenty-ten."*end side note*

So for 2010, I would like to continue with my 4.0 in grad school. This is the longest I have had a 4.0 and it is weird! I get nervous at the end of the semester because I don't want to break the streak. I only have 6 classes left (about 3 semesters) so hopefully I can finish out strong!

Also for 2010, I want to keep the friends I have close and pull the ones I have let drift away, back in. Having a good solid group of friends is so important. As I get older I really start to see who true friends are and who was just a good acquaintance. People come and go but true friends will always be there. I had dinner last night with true friends. I have know these girls since middle school, and while we may not see each other (hardly ever) or really even talk all that much, I know if I needed them at 2 o'clock in the morning I could pick up the phone and they would be there. Those are the high school friends. And now I have my college friends. And it's the same story with them. I know they will always be there. Always. After reflecting on just this paragraph it seems I am a blessed little girl to be surrounded with people I can always count on.

Finally for 2010, I want to continue to grow as a well-rounded person. I want to be happy all the time! I want to make others happy, all the time! I want to acheive things (I'm not sure what yet), I want to be better and make this world better! Or atleast start with my community ;)

I have learned a LOT about myself this year. It was kinda that first year on my own to spread my wings a bit. A truly weird and creepy and exhilarating feeling! 2009 was a pretty good year. I turned 22, graduated college, began a Master's degree, lived on my own for a full year, painted without adult supervision, planned a vacation for the girls, served in Mexico, was single for [almost ;) ]the entire year, made new friends, lost old friends, got a big girl job, acquired a 401k (?!), yeah...it was a good year and I am whole heartedly looking forward to 2010! :)

(Sorry if I ramble or change subjects, but it's my blog, I can do that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment