Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas JOY!

I swore I would not let another month go by with me only posting once...I have almost failed. I still have next week so maybe I can squeeze in another one!

To me, Christmas is almost like another Thanksgiving. I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. But what I am most thankful for is the REASON for the Season. Yes, cliche and corny, I know but the little, catchy phrase is so true. There is a much bigger reason for this lovely holiday season. There's more to the Christmas trees and shopping and presents and bows and parties and outfits and songs and friends and..and...and....the list goes on!

The real reason is because long ago a sweet little baby was born to Mary and Joesph. He was born holy, perfect, and sinless. He was born to take my sins so I can live forever in eternity! I can't think of a better Christmas present than that!

I leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs. It truly captures what Christmas is all about.

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us, a Son is given,
And the government shall be upon His shoulder;
And his name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counsellor,
the Mighty God,
the Everlasting Father,
the Prince of Peace.

(Isaiah 9:6)

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment