It seems like a lot happened in 2012, but I didn't blog about it to prove it. Hmm. Well, what can I say, it was a busy year! That's for sure!
Chris and I started building our house in 2011, continued in 2012 and finally finished is in July 2012! Whew! It was a long, exhaustive process, but we are so pleased with the results!! We feel so blessed to be able to come home each night to a house that is our very own!
That was the highlight of 2012, I'd say. Chris worked his tail off every other week at the rig and the other weeks at home. Poor boy. When he comes home, he never rests. I've got him tackling all kinds of projects when he's "off."
I worked my tail off at my old job, and my new job! I am so pleased to be working back at The Community Foundation and just look forward to how I can grow in 2013 and beyond with the organization.
I don't really have big plans for 2013, but I do have a few things I'd like to accomplish. I think a New Year's resolution is too much pressure. But as a blogger friend said, I do have some "intentions" for 2013 I'd like to accomplish.
- I want to enjoy 2013. Like, really enjoy it. I loved 2012 and all its excitement, but sister needs a break. From about October through December I had something to do after work almost every.single.night. That's just not normal. Or sane. And I was beginning to feel it. I want to cherish moments with hubby and friends and family, because life really is too short and could be gone before ya know it!
- I want to save money in 2013. Who doesn't want this? But I don't want to save, just to save. What's the point in that? As the song goes, "You can't take it with you when you go." We spent a lot of money on the house and it is time to start building up the savings account again. I want to save for a trip. [Then go on the trip and start saving for another :)] I want to save for our future babies. How ridiculous to have to start saving for college before kids. I can't even begin to imagine how much that will cost?! Such is life... I want to save and build a fence. I want to save and make a double mortgage payment. I want to save and be wise with what God has provided us.
- I want to grow in 2013. Well that sounds odd, because I also want to shrink as a person! Haha! I want to grow and flourish in our marriage. I want to go beyond just the surface with my friendship. I want to get to know my friends on another level, and I want my friends to get to know me. Chris and I have a wonderful group of friends from church that we are just beginning to grow with. I can't wait to see what God has planned for the crew of friends! [Grow? Oh you thought I meant grow our family? Well, maybe that too ;)]
- I want to shrink in 2013. Seriously though. I know this is such a cliche New Year's resolution, but this ship has got to shape up, or it's going to sink. Ick. I don't even feel good about myself right now, and that is just no fun. I'll probably stay out of the gym in January and February because all the other crazy New Year's resolution folks will be in there, but I can and WILL start haulin' my butt around the block come January 1! (Shoot! That's tomorrow y'all!!)
- I want to read the Bible in one year. Chris and I are going to try to tackle this one together! I think it will be so fun to read together and see what God can teach us. I also want to read for FUN! I honestly can't remember that last time I did that. Probably when the Twilight Saga was out. Yikes.
- I also want to charitable, loving, honest, responsible, caring and selfless. Ya know, just those few, small things.
Wow! Writing all this made me super excited about 2013! I can't wait!!