Friday, November 26, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
1. I am thankful for my wonderful family. I am so blessed to have amazing parents who support me (still ha!). An awsome brother who is just growing up to be an amazing man like my daddy. I am thankful for my extended family. My loving grandparents who are still setting an example of how to live an honorable life. My awesome aunt Nene and Tony who love on me as much as they can. My crazy uncles and aunts and GREAT uncles and GREAT aunts who I will get to see Thursday! I am thankful for Thanksgiving when we can all come together to just enjoy each other's company (and cooking skills).
2. I am thankful for my second family- my friends! Really they could go in number one because they are my family. I love my girls so much! I know any one of them would be there for me at a moments notice. And I the same for them.
3. I am so thankful that Chris will be home for Thanksgiving! He is working his little booty off on a rig right now and I can't wait for him to be home! He got lucky and will have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's off!! WAHOOO! I am so thankful that he is a hard worker and wants to provide for his family in the future [ who ever it may be with ;) ]. But I am even more thankful we can spend the holidays together!
4. I am thankful for a great job! Some days are better than others but I could not be happier with where I am at!
5. I am so thankful for Thanksgiving in general. It is my favorite holiday. I always have so much to be thankful for and I love getting together with friends and family to give thanks! I am also thankful that after Thanksgiving comes Christmas!!!!!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
It was refreshing to feel that burn in my lungs. And that weird cold sweat you get. Like your skin is cold and turning red, but you can just barely feel the sweat. And if you stop running for just a second, you feel the heat hit your body. Ahhhh, feels good.
I won't lie I was just a wee-bit (read: a-lot-a-bit) sore on Wednesday. I don't know if sore is the right so much as tight. My hips felt like they were going to pop! But it was so worth it. I ran further without stopping than I have. And I ran a longer amount of time! Without dying! Ha! Can't wait to go for a run after work. Though it is pretty nippy outside today. May have to wear long sleeves this time. So worth it! I WILL be ready for the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans come February! I can do IT!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
We are all so selfish here on Earth. We want Nathan back. We want just a few more hours, minutes, seconds with him. We want to hug his neck once more. We want to encourage him. We want him to encourage us! - He was always good at that. We just want him back. But how selfish is that of us? Terrible! He is with his Heavenly Father. And I know he has had a few talks with the big Man, because after all LSU did BEAT Alabama on Saturday. I know Nathan went straight to work when he got through the gates! Ha!
(He wasn't very modest, can you tell?? But that's what we loved about him. And honestly, if you had a body like that...would you be modest??!)
I hold on to this song so tightly right now. It is one thing that keeps me going. The music with this song is great, but the words are what makes it so amazing. It's called You Hold Me Now by Hillsong:
On that day when I see, All that You have for me
When I see You face to face, There surrounded by Your grace
All my fear is swept away, In the light of your embrace
When Your love is all I need, and forever I am free
Where the streets are made of gold, In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you along
No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now, You hold me now, You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame
No hiding, You hold me now, You hold me now
In this life I will stand, through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day, there's a hope that never fails
When Your name is lift4ed high and forever praises rise
For the glory of Your name, I'm believing for the day
When the wars and violence cease, all creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone
No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now, You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now, you hold me now
For eternity, all my heart will give
All the glory to Your name
I could go on and on with encouraging scripture. Encouraging words, phrases and songs. On and on with things to try and make us feel better. But really, we will all be ok. Nathan is so happy right now. And he would never want to see any of us hurt or cry or be sad. We will never forget our sweet Nathan, but he would want us to move past this sad and tragic time to better and happier things. I think we should try to do that for him too. Because truly, everyone knows that is what he would want.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
- I think going to the grocery store, or Walmart, should count as a workout for the day. Up and down all those isles and dealing with the crazies of the world- definitely should count as a workout. Skip the gym!
- I think pizza is less fattening when it's cold. Yup. When it's hot you can actually see the grease. When it's cold, you cant. Therefore it must be less fattening.
- I am getting my master's degree. (Some judge me on that fact alone). But one of the reasons I chose this particular degree NO THESIS! Not that I don't love the program I am in, but let's face it- who wants to write a 20 page paper. Not I. So I chose this degree. And it is way easier.
- I feel more productive anytime I am not sitting. So to me, lots of shopping = high productivity!
- I think on-line banking is fabulous. Love not getting those big ole paper statements in the mail. But I can't manage to pay all my bills on-line. Weird, I know. I like getting that bill, writing the check and knowing it is paid. Maybe it's because I have 2 boxes of checks to use...
- I think makin "to-do" lists can change a person's whole day. Feeling overwhelmed? Make a list. You'll feel better.
- No, I don't think you should wear white after labor day. I know some say that is so not the case anymore, but it is. And secretly, everyone is still judging you when you wear white. So don't do it.
Don't judge me!