I love Fridays. Remember back when we (or I) was a kid and every Friday night on ABC there were the TGIF shows? Like the good shows: Step-by-Step and Family Matters. Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teen aged Witch, Hangin With Mr. Cooper! I mean, where is Mr. Cooper now? Ahhhh, those were the good ole days.
But even with the classics gone, I still love Fridays. One of my best friends from childhood has a blog as well and each (well most) Fridays she has a Friday Five. She list five, random, often good, things about her Friday. Now, I am in no way saying I will start doing this because as we all know I am not a dedicated blogger. (Getting better at it though, I'd like to think.) But even though today is raining and cold, I just feel good today and think it will be a good day! So without further ado...my Friday Five...
1. Today is my brother's birthday. He is 20 years old. He is growing up, and I know I might sound like his mother, but I don't want him to grow up. I like him young, sweet, and innocent. But I guess if he has to grow up, I'd say is doing a mighty fine job at it. He is a good kid with an even better heart. A little quiet (he didn't get the chance to talk much as a kid with such a vibrant sister), but is always thinking about something. A lot like Dad. Happy birthday bubba.
2. One good thing about this particular Friday, lunch date! I love lunch dates with Chris. Especially on "blah" days at work. Even though today is not a "blah" day, it will still be nice to escape the office for a bit and eat lunch him.
3. I love snacks. Both the verb and noun form. I love to snack on snacks. Yesterday for work we had a big meeting with cheese and fruit as snacks. We got to take the left overs. So I have been snacking on cheese and fruit and cracker snacks all morning. I'm going to ruin the purpose of my lunch date if I'm not careful.
4. After Friday comes Saturday. (Duh.) But I look forward every week to being able to sleep in on Saturday, even if "sleeping in" only means until 8:30. I thoroughly enjoy those extra 2 hours. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.
5. I have apparently been stalking Rachel's blog too much. But she blogged about this thing called SWAGBUCKS. You earn money for using their search engine. Now, Rachel is no fibber, so I believe her when she says it works and she earns her swagbucks. I thought I would give it a try since I Google, EVERYTHING. I'll have to give a report soon. I will say. They gave my 3 bucks to start with and I have already earned one this morning! We shall see...
I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and great weekend!! :)