Wednesday, February 10, 2010

L.O.V.E.

1 Corinthians 13:4-10

"4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears."

Love. What a powerful, little four letter word. All this talk of love steams from dear Saint Valentine who we will be celebrating Sunday. On a side note, does anyone know what St. Valentine did? Obviously something pretty loving…

But back to this verse; I love (no pun intended) this verse. It is such a pure and truthful verse. This is God’s perfect description of love. How much better of a place would the world be if we all loved like this? If we never envied what others had or we were not rude and boastful. If we loved to always trust, always hope and always persevere. How much less divorce would there be? How many more happy families would never be broken? Love never fails. Love never fails. Isn’t that encouraging? If we love purely like this verse it will never fail us.

If we never held a record of wrong. I am so thankful my God does not hold a record of wrong. I am thankful He loves me in spite of me not loving others the way I am suppose to. I am so thankful to a loving God that when His perfection comes, my imperfections disappear.

I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s day. I hope you have someone to love. And it doesn’t have to be a significant other. Show love to a stranger (in a non creepy way). A small act of kindness can go a long way. Learn to love, to love on other people.

And yes, I know this post on Valentine's day is a bit early, but I will be celebrating love all weekend! And really, who needs a specific day to learn to love others? We can love any ole day of the week we want! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment