Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fruit and Veggie Survival


Update from this:

I survived! I think I did pretty good. I didn't really know what I would getting myself into, but I just wanted to discipline myself and stick to it. Anybody can really do anything when they put their mind to it. 

My meals went something like this... I did eat shredded wheat with fat free milk in the mornings. I must have something to start the day. Throughout the day each day I only only fruit (cutie oranges) and one Trail Mix bar, the fruit and nut kind. Those bars tend to be high in sugar, but they're not too bad. I ate salads filled with cucumbers and carrots for lunch and a serving of grapes. In the afternoon I ate another cutie orange. I went to Target on day 2 and bought an almond, cashew and cranberry trail mix. It was really yummy. The nuts were unsalted so it was actually quite healthy and filled me up! I should have been eating more filling fruits like apples and bananas, but I forgot to by them at the store. For dinner I had a combo of steamed edamame, cucumbers and 2 saltine wheat crackers. I was dying for something crunchy and a carb! The next night I made a soup. It called for chicken, but I left it out and added a bullion cube for taste. I hate that those things are SO high in sodium though! The soup was supposed to be like a chowder, but I made it fat free milk so it was really more soup than chowder like. It also had corn, broccoli and onion in it. And the last day I had grilled squash, zucchini and onion and about 4 ounces of chicken. A reward of sorts. 

Overall I think I did pretty good. I guess I should have outlined my rules more, but they were my rules so I could just when necessary. I didn't eat just fruits and veggies, but that is really hard! There is NO way I could ever be a vegetarian! Haha. I am dying for a cheeseburger! 

The point was to discipline and I think I learned that. I wonder if I could tackle the Daniel Fast? 

No comments:

Post a Comment