Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Married Life

I have been meaning to write a post about married life, but time just keeps slipping away. Then I ran across this blog post on Facebook. I think it perfectly states everything I have been thinking and feeling. I have never read this blog before, so I don't know the girl's story, but this blog post was great.


Life in My Fairy Tale... from Little Morgan People


She talks about three stages of marriage: 1- Fairy Tale Stage, 2- Disappointment Stage, 3- Covenant Stage. Read it. It's interesting. Though I think all the stages progress over the lifetime of the marriage, sometimes I feel like I can go through all three stages in one day! I am sure this is normal, but it is a roller coaster. 


Sometimes you are so in love and blinded by that, you really do think you have something that no one else has. That whole "Flying home on a bed of roses" deal. And then some days, I just want to punch him... in.the.face. Is that bad? Probably. I shouldn't say/think that. But I know he has to think the same thing about me at times. The conversation in his head: What did I get myself into?! This girl is nuts! Are all women like this? Probably so......" I am chalking it up to the " this is all part of life" category. And it is. Because at the end of the day I am right back to the Covenant Stage. I love that man more than anything. And I will grit my teeth and fold his laundry, because I love him. And I promised God I would love him. And I promised Chris I would love him. And mainly because I DO love him!!


And I always keep a promise. ;) I LOVE YOU CHRISTOPHER! 





Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment