I have received a recipe I was given at work that I would love to try. But if I ever remember to take it home, then it gets lost in the clutter, since I have no real place to store recipes. So, if I type it into the blog, then I can't lose it!
The first recipe is for pizza dough. An easy pizza dough. A friend at work gave me the recipe with her edits. Which is the best kind of recipe because then you don't have to figure out what works and what doesn't.
No Yeast Pizza Crust Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare pizza pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray (or use a pizza pan that is nonstick). Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add liquids and stir to incorporate dry ingredients. Knead dough by hand 6-8 times on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough thinly. Place rolled dough onto prepared pan. Add favorite sauce and toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Here are the edits, tips and tricks to the recipe.
- Use wheat floor and olive oil instead of cooking oil.
- Use a fork to mix dry ingredients. Make a little hole and pour in liquid and use fork to mix together lightly.
- There's always extra flour. Just leave it.
- When rolling out the dough, it sticks and it difficult, but keep at it! There is usually extra dough. Pinch it off and throw out or make cheese bread!
- Poke holes all over the dough with a fork. And lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes AND THEN put on ingredients.
- Bake for 15 more minutes and then broil to make the cheese bubble.
I can't wait to try this!!