Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!

What a fabulous weekend it was! Friday the gang went to Mudbug Madness! The crawfish were good and expensive. But you mostly go for the atmosphere. We had fun but it was HOT!

Saturday, Chris and I went to Academy to scope out more camping supplies. We bought a compass, a water proof box ( I am sure we will need this in the canoe), a fan/night light, and a few other items. We are really excited to go camping this weekend! 3 and a half work days to go!

We then we to his Pe-Paws for a cook out. There was of course tons of food: brisket, chicken, corn on the cob, squash, broccoli, baked beans, and ice cream! I of course ate way too much. Chris and I also go to meet baby Landon, his cousin's new son. He is 3 weeks old today! He was precious!

Chris and I saw Shrek 3D Saturday night! Haha! It was funny but we were both tired. We went to a local restaurant and sat on the patio and had appetizers before the movie, and it was perfect outside! After the late movie we got back to my place and it was just about midnight. So that meant it was "officially" Chris's birthday. I conceded and let him open his present. He loved his Deadliest Warriors DVD and the Rangers v. Boston tickets I got him. I can't wait until August to go to American Idol and the Boston game!

Sunday was spent by the pool. Ahhhhh. If only for a couple of hours, it was nice. Actually it was HOT! We stayed in the pool more rather than laying out by it. Whew! We cleaned up and ate dinner with Chris's parents for his birthday. They gave him a GPS, which he loved! We rented a movie Sunday night, but of course I fell asleep. Oops.

Monday, I finished the movie and headed straight for the pool! We were out there from about 12:30 to 4:00. It was hot but so nice. I love being outdoors. Chris was there and a few of the girls came over to enjoy the sun and time off. Then Chris and I went to his parents because they grilled hamburgers. De-lish. Then back to my house to watch The Bachelorette with the girls

It was a great weekend! But it is important to not forget why we have this long weekend. Many thanks to those who serve in our armed forces. Without your dedication and sacrifice, we wouldn't be the great nation we are today. THANK YOU to our service men!

No comments:

Post a Comment