Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blessed...

I think I talk about this alot, which is still not enough, but: I am so blessed. I look around at this crazy world spinning out of control, and I just have to stop and think, "Man, I got it good!"
I don't have to stress about surgeries and sickness. I don't have to worry about where I am going to sleep tonight. Or if the A/C will be on when I get home. I know I am going to have a job tomorrow. I know my family is safe and provided for. And the greatest thing of all: I know that if there is a problem, God has everything under control and it is all in His will and it will all work out! What a joy and comfort to know!

Papaw (my Dad's dad) has been in ICU for the past 6 days. And while it was scary and upsetting, it was o.k. We prayed and we comforted each other. The family, (and I mean all the family, which says a lot for 4 kids and too many to count grandkids) cam together. I knew if something not so good happened that it was going to be ok. But I am happy to report something OH SO GOOD happened! Papaw is much better and should be out of ICU today! Yay! He was very weak, but I do believe he will be running out of there this evening ;)

While I do worry and have my hissy fit moments where I just don't understand "Whyyyyyy?!" When I finally calm down, it is nice to realize, I don't have to know "Whyyyyy" I just need to know it happened for a reason. Whether it is a consequence from previous actions, or it happened to prepare me for the future. Whatever the reason, I need not worry, because it did happen for a reason.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence." - Jeremiah 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment