Thursday, July 1, 2010

Traveling 101

Saturday, I am leaving for Mexico. I am going with my church on our annual Mexico Medical Mission Trip. This will be my 4th year to go! I am so excited!!! And so blessed to be able to go with my entire family! We fly out of Shreveport, to Houston, then to Vera Cruz, and then a 2 hour bus ride to the place we are staying at. (Be sure to look at the pictures!) So needless to say, that is a lot of traveling! This being my 4th trip to Mexico and along with my other travels I have composed a list of travel do's, don'ts, and little things I always do. Some of this learned by my mistakes and learning the hard way, others learned by watching others learn the hard way...

1. Always have your contacts case AND glasses. Long flights make for super dry contacts.

2. When they say to pack a change of clothes in your carry on because your checked bag may be lost, they aren't joking...

3. Even if I wear shoes that don't require socks, I always bring a pair on the plane because my feet always get cold!

4. Bring a sweatshirt and/or blanket. Planes are cold. Airports are cold. And layovers are not fun when it is freezing cold.

5. Bring a book! Magazines are good too but they never last the whole trip.

I guess that is all I can think of for now. What are your traveling tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment