Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

I.love.Thanksgiving. Love it! So I was beyond excited to host the entire family at my house. If there is one thing I love more than Thanksgiving, it's hosting. I almost feel it is my calling....anywho. Any and all family that could make it Thursday came over. Hannah and her mom joined us and Chris's parents did too! It was so nice to have everyone on all sides of the family over!

I made pumpkin pie, spinach and shrimp dip and the rolls. Everyone got there from about 10:30 right up to 11:15 and of course we eat at straight up noon. Except, since I was running the show we were blessing the food with 2 minutes to spare!

My favorite memory this Thanksgiving happened just before the blessing. The preface: We had so much food on the counters that after dad carved the turkey and the ham, I put the pans in the laundry room to get them out of the way. So, everything was ready and I went to nudge Dad and ask him to say the blessing. As I looked around I couldn't find Chris. And I asked aloud, "Where is Chris?" Dad jokingly said, "Maybe he is in the laundry room eating turkey." Well wouldn't you know I marched over the the laundry room and the door was cracked. I flung the door open and there he was!! Chris was bent over, shoveling turkey in his mouth!!! Dad just about fell out. He said if jokingly, but sure enough he was in there. And Chris's face!! He got busted! It was classic. Everyone got a could laugh out of it. I did feel a little bad, because Chris doesn't like a lot of attention on himself, but that's what he gets for sneaking turkey!

Three generations- James Robert Cook.  
The Steadmans!
Us. <3

A couple days before Thanksgiving, some couples from BGroup got together for a Friendsgiving. I am so thankful for these friends. I am so thankful God has put these folks in our lives to grow together in Christ and throughout life. 
Spiers, Schiros, Galliens, Hennessees

No comments:

Post a Comment