Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthdays and Football

Two of my favorite things today!!! My bestie J's birthday AND the first game of the SAINTS season!! It is a toss up as to which is my favorite!

This picture just happens to capture both things I love!

Celebrations of Jessica's life will be Friday. I can't wait to get together with everyone! Chris probably will not be in town early enough for dinner though.

As for the SAINTS: I was reading an article in the Shreveport Times by the Associated Press earlier this morning. Only in Louisiana:

As the Saints prepared to open the defense of their Super Bowl title, the city was in Mardi Gras mode: schools set to close early and concerts and a parade planned in the French Quarter. Even City Hall closed for the day.

Each group also had a tall, skinny black-and-gold tent holding a portable toilet. "We pioneered that," said Danny Trent of Reserve. "Look inside." The 5-gallon black bucket was still empty. Except for a Vikings decal."

And how yummy does this look- Pork bombs! This is apparently a tailgating neccessity in New Orleans today. It is pork, jalapenos and cheese wrapped in bacon and grilled! YUM! Definitely adding this to my "to cook" list!

GEAUX SAINTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment