Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yes, I am getting married in July!!

While all this wedding planning is fun, and slightly overwhelming, there is one aspect that is beginning to annoy me. People always seem to have an opinion. Now, I know some of you are thinking, "Jennifer, you have the loudest opinion of anyone!" While I do freely speak my mind- most of the time- I do know when to hold my tongue, unless my opinion is asked for.

So this is how the conversations have been going:
Person: "Oh, congrats on your engagement! When is the big day?"
Me: "Thank you! We're getting married July 30th."
Person answers with a variety of the following:
 "Oh it's gonna be a hot one!" "July? In Louisiana? Wow, hope it's inside." "Ohhhhh. Is there going to be air conditioning?" "Oh, my. Nice summer day huh?"

Seriously people?! It's my our day! Let ME pick MY OUR day! Shesh. I know it's hot in July. But, uh, hello people, this is Louisiana!!! If we had the wedding in March it would still be hot! It's not going to be outside in a field! It is indoors at 7:00 P.M.! Yes, there will be air conditioning. Yes, there will be water and drinks to cool you people off.

So once people get past the apparent shock of a July wedding, they begin to offer how they did things or how I should do things!
"Well I know so and so who got married at this place and it was the best" or "I know so and so who got married on such and such date and it was perfect." Blah. Blah. Blah. If so and so already did it, I probably won't want to do such and such. Ugh. I suppose everyone is just trying to help, but I am pretty independent and don't ask her help to often. Unless there is a task I do not want to complete at which point a declare: Bridezilla and delegate the task.

I can do that. I'm the bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment