Monday, July 4, 2011

Firecracker 5K!

Dad and I did another 5K this morning!! We are becoming pros, uh sorta. Thanks to Calvin for snagging a picture for us! (Uh, don't judge this. It was 8 in the morning and we just ran.)

Getting an accurate time at these things is quite a struggle, especially at this race because there were approx. 3,500 people there. And why, oh why, do people who are CLEARLY going to walk the entire things insist on beginning the race at the front?! 1. You are going to get RUN OVER! 2. You are going to make some one break an ankle because they are running full stream ahead and you are WALKING in the middle of the road! Ok, now that I got that off my chest....

The official race clock said 33:02. BUT I didn't actually get to the starting line when that clock started. Dad's watch said 31:47. But he started it a  bit after we started, and I finished about 7 seconds before him. So what was my time? I have no idea. But I'd say about 32 minutes works for me. Which is faster than that stupid Flashback race in the boiling heat. I'll have to check the official time on the website later.

Until next time runners....HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment