Friday, August 28, 2009

What a brat...

I got scolded last night by my mother for not blogging this week. I told her in a sad and pitiful tone that I didn't have anything to blog about because my life was boring this week. She refuted with "Good grief!"

So I got to thinkin.... I was right. My life was boring this week! I didn't go out any. I hardly talked to any of my friends because school has started and they are all busy. There wasn't much on t.v. Nothing major at work. No Monday night girls night, no Thursday night Cantina night. No nothing. As I sat on the couch in my pajamas at 6:30 and wallowed in pity, something suddenly hit me...

HELLO JENNIFER YOU LIVE IN AMERICA! This is the land of opportunity. I am so blessed to have parents that are still married and love me! I have a (big) little brother who would do anything in the world for me. I have a roof over my head, a fridge full of food, a college degree that I am not in debt for. I have car insurance, health insurance, friends that I adore [and they adore me :)], I am getting my Master's, I have an amazing job, with amazing co-workers. And I know when I die I am going to Heaven! I mean seriously, what the heck is wrong with me?!

I am so blessed and I feel so guilty when I get down on myself. Snap out of it Jenn! God has provided so much! I am truly blessed and should say thank you waaaay more often to the big man upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment