Monday, May 16, 2011

Osama Who?



I realized I forgot to document a very important part of history...Osama Bin Laden is DEAD! I got on Facebook Sunday around 9ish and everyone's status was about Bin Laden... wondering if he was really dead or celebrating/congratulating the NAVY Seals. President Obama reported to the American people at 11 p.m. that night that in fact, Osama Bin Laden had been killed by the United State of America. He was buried at sea so no country would have to have his body.

There has been much debate about actually being able to see his body. Some are demanding to see it as proof. Some want to see his face blown up because we, as Americans, had to see our own people suffer and die in the Twin Towers. Others want to take the high road and show no picture, because we wouldn't want to see American soldiers pictures paraded like that. 

It's a hard thing to celebrate a death. And I am not celebrating, but I do think the US and the world are better off. My only fear now, is that some other crazy is going to take his place. Which I am sure will happen eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment