Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

MOM!

I know I am a little late, but I figure better late than never. And I need to give dear ole' Mom some lovin. I love my sweet Momma, and I think everyone who meets her too. She is probably one of the kindest people you will ever meet. She will help anyone she meets. And go out of her way to help others. She is kind in the way (and many other ways) that she will talk to anyone she meets. ANYone she meets. Which means if you have had a horrible day, and you're standing in line at Walmart wanting to go home, she is probably going to talk to you and tell you about the bread she found on sale, or tell you that she likes your shoes, or ask you where you bought that watch because she has been looking for one, or ask when your next vacation is and to where....you get the point. The woman never meets a stranger. And I'm ok with that, because it is people like Mom who make this world tolerable. When life is not going your way, you have people like Mom who are just going to but right on in and make you talk and turn that frown upside down!


Mom makes this world better for a lot of people. Not only for her me, brother and Dad, but for everyone she comes in contact with on a daily basis. See, Mom is a nurse. A PICU nurse. She worked very hard in school to become a nurse and now she loves her job and everyone she gets to meet. She takes care of sick babies everyday and loves them back to health like they were her very own. I truly believe any child or child's parent that comes in contact with Mom has a smile on their face at least once while they are in her care.





Fun Facts about Mom:
1.She is a natural Blonde, and everything that comes with it.
2. She is my only friend with the name Lisa.
3. Her name actually begins with a "J"- but would kill me if I published it.
4. She is just as happy and bubbly and loud as you may perceive her to be.
5. She can sniff out a sale better than ANYone I know.



OK, fine...One picture of Mom and brother...But I am still the oldest, and favorite! :)
I am slowly realizing I am turning into my mother. It's a hard thing for a girl to grasp. But then I think about it, and is that really such a bad thing? Probably not.

*No tears were shed in the writing of this blog. Can the same be said about the reading of it?*

No comments:

Post a Comment