Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things, thoughts, and tasks OH MY!

Since I have started my new job, I have about 90 million things (NO, I am actually not exaggerating) going through my head on a daily basis. I told Chris today, it just seems like my day is a tornado and I just happened to survive at the end of everyday. Not a bad tornado (though I don't know if there is a good one..?), but just a wild and crazy right everyday! I can hardly remember what I did at the beginning of the day by the time I am walking to my car! So with out further ado-
Things, thoughts, and tasks that run through my mind:
  • turn off alarm...
  • "Actually put your feet on the ground Jennifer!"
  • Check work phone- whew, no over night e-mails
  • Breakfast and then make it to work.
  • Review yesterday afternoon's emails make sure I didn't forget anything.
  • Begin new day!
  • Send press release
  • Open Chancellor's report draft, send e-mail to get the rest of the needed items
  • Of course somebody always has something to say about a release that has been sent out. Politely reply.
  • Of course, four new e-mails, hold chancellor's report.
  • Answer one, look up answer to one, attach file. And of course I don't know the answer to the next, forward question to JLa.
  • Back to Chancellor's report...
  • NOPE, approve 3 web pages.
  • Conference call for class= 1 hourrrrr
  • Visit Fellowship Luncheon
  • Where was I...? OH Chancellor's report!
  • Phone rings- student want to come chat about the new website and tell me everything that he doesn't agree with...perfect.
  • E-mail
  • E-mail
  • E-mail
  • E-mail
  • E-mail
  • E-mail, you get the point...
  • Where was I??? Chancellor's report!!
  • Ehhhh, send press release.
  • Visit with Athletics
  • Count fallen banners in the parking lot (seriously!)
  • What?! It's 4:15!!?
  • A few final approvals for the website.
  • Oh well, save the one page I did for the Chancellor's report...there's always tomorrow.
  • Walking to the car..."What did I even do today?!"
And that is just one day! In NO way am I whining though! I love this! Ha! As crazy as that sounds. The only thing I worry about is forgetting something or someone. I wouldn't say I am a perfectionist (others may) but I do want to do everything correctly and I don't want anyone thinking I am a slacker or don't care about their department/webpage/press release/picture/whatever. Because I do care, and really I just are about doing a good job!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing awesome! It's way better than being bored, fetching copies and coffee, running to the bank, etc..huh? And you can ALWAYS email JLa. ;)

    ReplyDelete