Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrating the South - Food and Beverages


So this is my first attempt at "linking up," or whatever it is called in the blogoverse. But anything declaring how fabulous the South is, is worth me taking the time to figure out. 

Leslie over at Blonde Ambition is Celebrating the South this week with posts everyday about all things Southern. Today's topic is Food and Beverages- which just so happen to be my FAVORITE things! We all know I love to eat...

Some of my favorite Southern foods:
  • crawfish - obviously
  • fried fish - again, obviously
  • jambalaya
  • Grammy's Thanksgiving dressing
  • Cheese grits
  • bread pudding (with the good rum sauce!)
  • fried okra
  • Seafood- crab, shrimp, fish, oysters
  • pecan pie (and that is pronounce PE-CON, not PEA-CAN pie) 

This list really could go on and on. And now my tummy is growling and I am suddenly starving... 


Some of my favorite southern drinks:
  • Sweet tea - duh
  • And when it is 100 degrees outside for more than half of the year, WATER becomes a favorite beverage.
Those are really the only 2 beverages I drink. Throw in some wine here and there, but that's about it. Most men down here would chime in that an ice cold  beer is their favorite. 

Really, in the South, anything fried and made with butter will top the favorite food lists. But just so I don't seem like a total pig, I do enjoy fresh veggies from the garden grilled up real nice. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I completely forgot OKRA on my list. How could I forget that? Stopping by from Leslie's blog! Wanted to comment and say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. All these posts are just making me hungry!

    Just saw that you're in Shreveport. We were just there last Wed/Thurs. Had a blast!

    ReplyDelete